- Dry running resistant!
- Compact series for machines
- Max. 300 m³/h, max. 90 m
“Seal-less” immersible pumps
- For all applications where metal pumps suffer from corrosion
- Machined completely from solid blocks of plastic
- No injection molding or welding involved
- no chemical cracking!
- No metal parts in the liquid
- extremely corrosion resistant
- With liquid seal
- no mechanical parts in the liquid
- Can be run dry without damage
- Several configurations and immersible lengths
- Special executions for abrasive liquids
- For plastic pumps unique new hydraulics:
- very smooth operation and low noise level
- increased efficiency - lower energy consumption
- improved NPSH (suction capabilities)
- reduced clogging
- direction independent impeller fixation
- particles in the liquid up to Ø 4mm without damage
- flow rates (Q.) up to 300 m³/h
- delivery heads (H.) up to 80 M
- Maximum security against air capture or leakage
- ATEX zone 2 available
Principle of operation
ARBO immersible pumps are single stage centrifugal pumps for open tank installation or in sumps. The pump part is immersed in the liquid and the motor remains above the liquid surface. They are perfect for circulation or transfer purposes with fixed or fluctuating level. The pumps operate by means of a “liquid seal” without any mechanical seal what so ever.
Self priming capabilities
Centrifugal pumps are “normal priming”. This means that the installation needs to ensure that during starting, the impeller is fully submersed. The pump can be made suitable for emptying deeper tanks by means of a suction pipe extension. Once the level of the liquid reaches the strainer or end of suction pipe, the liquid seal is broken. The level needs to rise until above the impeller again in order to restart.
Thanks to the liquid seal, there is no need for a mechanical seal. The pump shaft bearings are outside the liquid zone. The shaft is self centering and therefore no foot bearing is required. Therefore this pump is insensitive to dry running and solids in the liquid can be pumped without any damage.
This series of pumps is equipped with half a open impeller that is secured onto the shaft independently from the direction of rotation. Solid particles may pass through the pump without damage. Even for circulation at a fixed low level in the tank the special impeller shape prevents air capture that can cause foam in the process liquid.